INTRODUCTION TO GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT CENTRE (GEC)
Established since 1998, Global Environment Centre (GEC) is a Malaysian tax-exempt, non-profit organisation (Reg. no. 473058-T) that works locally, regionally and internationally with many partners; on environmental issues of local and global importance.
It is GEC’s mission to support the protection of the environment and sustainable use of the natural resources to meet local, regional and global needs, through strategic partnerships with communities and like-minded organisations.
For the last 16 years, Global Environment Centre helped the environment and numerous communities in more than 10 countries. In order to meet our mission and provide services in our community, we rely on the generosity of individuals and companies for support. Without your assistance we wouldn’t be able to meet our targets. We hope that you will be able to support one or more of our projects or community partners. .
To find out more on GEC or how you can support us, please visit our website at http://www.gec.org
At GEC, we strongly believe in sustainable projects and endeavours, with the betterment of the environment in mind at all times. Our Forest and Coastal Programme aims to promote and support the sustainable management and rehabilitation of forests and wetlands to conserve biodiversity and mitigate climate change. Our work in the River Care programme promotes the protection, restoration and sustainable use of rivers by enhancing multi-stakeholder participation through the civic science.
All projects require substantial help and commitment. By donating to our funds and campaigns (i.e. Stop the Haze Campaign, Stop the Drip, Save the Drop Campaign), you will be helping to support GEC’s work with the environment. All proceeds will be used entirely to support projects in the various areas that GEC works in, including:
- Peat Swamp Forest Rehabilitation Project at Raja Musa Forest Reserve in Selangor
- Mangrove Forest Rehabilitation Project at Kuala Gula Mangrove in Perak
- Mangrove Forest Rehabilitation Project at Sabak Bernam Mangrove in Selangor
- River Education and Rehabilitation Project at Sg. Way in Selangor
- River Education and Rehabilitation Project at Sg. Kinta in Perak
At GEC, we believe in community participation in environmental protection and sustainable use of natural resources. We work closely with all stakeholders in protecting and conserving our environment and natural resources and believe that everyone has role to play in the environment. We therefore work with the community in the following areas:
- Promote restoration and rehabilitation of our forests and rivers
- Raising awareness and educate them about forest and river conservation.
- Promote civic consciousness and local action
- Support capacity building and networking
By donating to us, you will be helping to support GEC’s work with the community, through the following :
- Sahabat Hutan Bakau Kuala Gula or Friends of Mangrove at Kuala Gula Mangrove, Perak
- Sahabat Hutan Gambut Selangor Utara (SHGSU) or Friends of Peatland Forest
- SMART RANGER PROGRAMME – Start Managing All Resources Today